Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Voices from Above

Normally, when I walk through the grocery store or Target or just out somewhere, I never pay attention to the loudspeaker when someone is being paged. I never even hear it anymore. If there is a life-threatening emergency and I am at Wal-Mart, do not page me. I will not hear it. Call me. Text me. I'll hear that. Jack ALWAYS listens to the loudspeaker. He's riding along while I'm shopping and he'll say, "Did you hear that? Someone's oil change is done." Or, "Who is Amy? They just called her name. Is it the Amy I know? I hope she hears it!" Or, "What did they say? I didn't hear that. Mommy, what did they say? Speakers, could you please repeat that? What if they said Jack?" Or, my favorite and probably most aggrevating, when someone by the name of Jack or Angie, not us, is announced, "They called me. I need to see what they need. Speakers, what do you need? I'm listening!"

No comments: