Saturday, September 20, 2008

Got Milk?

Well, Kroger did not. At least the kind I buy which is the 1/2 gallon carton of organic milk. I was in the natural foods section of Kroger, and I asked a man (older meat-and-potatoes man) stocking groceries if there was any more milk as I was pointing to the label of the milk that was gone. He said, "That ain't milk." Alright, well, I thought, he must think I'm pointing to the soy milk or something else. I said, "No, this Horizon organic milk." He said, a little louder this time, "I said it ain't milk." Now, I realized he was getting just a little ugly. I said, "Yes it is." And, once again, "No...it ain't!" This wasn't getting me anywhere. I said, "Have you tasted it? It's really good." He said, "I ain't tasting it. It ain't milk!" I turned around went on my merry way, and as I was walking off, he said, "Hippie!" Okay. Well, there you have it. I just went to another Kroger and found it there. :)

6 comments:

Amy said...

That's HILARIOUS!!! Was this the So-Kno Kroger on Chapman, by chance??

Unknown said...

I would never classify you guys as hippies. Me, maybe. But you, not really. :)

Lee said...

for real? that's nuts. i buy the private selection organic milk, but it is in the section with all the regular milks. many times they are out of it so i'll get the 365 brand at whole foods (which has a good deal for a gallon, actually). private selection also has good soy milk in plain, vanilla, and chocolate flavors.
it's strange to me that someone would consider organic milk to be unfit for its title simple because the bovine growth hormone is not included!!! what is wrong with america? ha.

Polly said...

At last, another hippie in the family!

Jon and Angie Tyner said...

The Kroger in Seymour. I find the Kroger in Bearden to be the most "hippie-friendly".

Anonymous said...

Whatever....In the name of Jesus I would have smacked somebody....jk.

Jesse H.