Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fishing and Family

On Saturday Angie went shopping with a friend (she needs the girl time occasionally) so Jack and I decided to go fishing. Actually it was his idea and I went along with it. We loaded up our stuff, packed a lunch and were off to the worm store. We picked up a blue carton of night-crawlers, looked at the fish in the tank at Bass Pro Shop and then headed to the pond (at the church). I got Jackson fixed up with a worm and a Mickey Mouse bobber on his orange rod and reel his Paw-Paw bought, and threw it out there for him. As I was getting my hook ready I heard "Daddy, will you help me". I turned to see the end of the fishing trip. We'd been there for 2 minutes and his line was so tangled I thought I was going to have to just throw the whole thing away. That was the end of the fishing for him (it was ok though - he'd already lost interest). It was a beautiful day and we had a blast eating our sandwiches, chasing the ducks and gathering up sticks (I'm not sure why we were gathering sticks, other than Jackson just wanted to). There's something about spending time like that with him that just fills me up.
Here's a pic of Jack watching the ducks and eating an apple:
Here he is showing me how the ducks dance. I wish I had a video, maybe you can imagine it:

Angie and I have our 5 year wedding anniversary this Friday. There's no way I could adequately write what a loving, faithful friend and companion she is to me. I am blessed beyond measure. I love you, babe (even though you never read this).

5 comments:

Miriam Wilmoth said...

Happy Anniversary, you two! God's richest blessings as you continue to serve together and grow in Jesus, reflecting Him in your walk and in your love for each other!

They say romance is wasted on the young ... I say thanks for having an old-fashioned romance that inspires us "old-timers" and helps us remember what it was like in the good ol' days. You guys are great ... and you are so greatly appreciated by your church family.

Have a great anniversary!

Polly said...

What, 5 years already? I don't remember you without Angie.

A relationship like yours is a rare thing -- it gives me something to strive toward in my old age.

I adore you both. Kisses and big bouquets all around.

Mike Bratton said...

You'd be surprised, Jon--I'd wager (were I a betting man) that your bride reads your blog.

And I will help you fix your post-time issues...


















(wait for it)
















for a price!!

Now, it's far past my bedtime, so I have to make another attempt at going to sleep.

We'll be in town next week--let's have some lunch one day.

--Mike

Jon and Angie Tyner said...

What? I'll be out of town Mike. Bummer. Call me anyway. How long will you guys be in town?

big mama said...

Hey, Bubba,
I'm still trying to figure this out. It'll be my luck that this one actually posts and all the world will know what a lame brain you have for a mother. If it goes -call me for coffee.iloveyou.