Tuesday, May 15, 2007

American Idol

It's only a couple of hours until American Idol starts so I thought I'd go ahead and let you in on my thinking about this season's competition. To begin, let me say that it was not the strongest group we've had to choose from; however, the top 3 are pretty good. I'm going to do 2 things here:

Number 1 - my pick: Melinda should win. She's the best singer in the competition. She's actually one of the strongest vocalists they've ever had. She doesn't have the star-quality that others have had, but the girl can sing. No 2 ways about it. Blake should stay through the finals. Jordan should go home this week. (I can hear the moans all the way from here, but she's so young. She will grow up to be an amazing singer and entertainer - she's almost there. It's time for her to go.)

Number 2 - my prediction: Melinda and Blake will be in the finals. Blake will win (by a hair). The guy is just too cool. He's also very talented and the most creative artist they've ever had on the show. While Melinda is still my choice, Blake is much more marketable and will sell a bajillion (sp?) albums. America will choose him. I won't be mad - he's really good.

There you have it. I've been wrong before, but I think that's the way it'll go down.

I found a really great worship album this week that I didn't know about before. It's called Gateway Worship - Living for You. If you like Hillsong or Desperation Band kind of stuff you'll love it. Gateway Church is in the Dallas area. Have a great Tuesday night. I'll be looking for post-Idol commentary.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

JT - I agree with you on Am. Idol - winner - Melinda - runner up - Blake

Heather said...

Well Jon you were right about Blake but not Melinda. She was my favorite but not Americas. I am hoping for Jordan to win but I think you are right on Blake. America seems to really like him.
We will soon see! :0)

Michelle said...

my new prediction JT - Blake winner - Jordan 1st runner up

BOOOO for Melinda going home

Miriam Wilmoth said...

My prediction is the opposite of Michelle's -- Jordin is, by far, the better singer (though soooo young) and she should win, in my opinion. Blake is cute, but he watches the monitors too much and doesn't smile enough ... and his vocal calisthenics wear on me like Michael Jackson's did. Maybe if I was 13 I could see it ...

But I agree with all of you ... BOOOOO to Melinda going home. I don't know that I've ever been so shocked, and Ryan is a jerk for how he handled it.

Polly said...

I'm officially not watching any more Idol this season. With Melinda (great pipes) and Lakisha (fabulous smoky R&B voice) out of the mix, I'm bored.

Somebody let me know who wins!?!?!?

Unknown said...

Its a SINGING competition!!!

Unknown said...

Its a SINGING competition!!!