Friday, May 4, 2007

All Good Things Must Come to an End

We've had a great morning so far... but all good things must come to an end. We're having a baby shower at our house for some friends tonight - so it's about to be cleaning time.

We slept until almost 7:00 this morning (which is really late at our house). Then Angie and I did our devotions. We traded places this morning. I have a little office in our house that I use every morning for my personal devotion time. It's nice to be able to close the door and be alone with the Lord. But, Angie needed the computer this morning to print some stuff for her journal so I used the kitchen table. The phone rang about 35 times (ok, maybe just 3 or 4. But it was still hard to focus). However, I did read some great stuff in the Word. In Luke 20, Jesus calls those who will take part in the resurrection (that's all of us who are saved) "sons of the resurrection". That sounds cool, doesn't it... sons of the resurrection. He also said that "God is not the God of the dead but of the living". If you are alive in Christ today, you too are a "son (or daughter) of the resurrection" - hallelujah! End of sermon.

After that we ate breakfast and then went for a run together. When Angie and I run together, I push Jackson in the jogging stroller. He loves that but I don't run fast enough for him. When our house gets in sight I pour it on though... he laughs and throws his arms up like he's on a roller coaster. I love that kid.

I'm excited about Sunday. It's our Mission Sunday. We're singing some great songs and will hear several testimonies from guys that are serving in full-time mission work. Ryan and I wrote a song specifically for this Sunday and we're doing it Sunday night. It'll be fun. It's called "For the Glory".

Anyway, I've got to get to work. Lots of toilets to scrub and floors to vacuum. As I said, all good things must come to an end... including this post :) Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

TJ said...

Is there a way for us to hear a sample of the song? :)