Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Blog-neglect

I can't believe that I have written here in almost a week... what's wrong with me? Where are my priorities? Well, I've repented now and am determined to do better. So, where to start?
Last night the Women's Ministry at church had a meeting and I was invited, along with Jamie and Bro. Steve, to come and sing a love song to my wife. I couldn't think of any reason to pass up that opportunity, so I agreed. I sang "We Will Dance" and at the last minute suckered Angie in to singing with me. She sat on the piano bench with me and sang some harmony... it was sweet. It was the first time she's ever sung a duet with... I'll always remember it. I'm glad we sang that song too because I really do love to dance with her... most of our dancing is early in the morning, in the kitchen. I'm rambling now... onto something else. After we sang Angie stayed for the rest of the event and I left (the only other man left in the room was Kevin Britt, the soundman - God bless him). Jackson and I stopped at Sonic on our way home for milkshakes. When we got home we watched "Curious George" and then went to bed. I was trying to wait up for Angie so we could watch American Idol. We DVR it every week. But I fell asleep in Jack's room with him so I still haven't seen it. I heard it was weird this week.
Here's a funny story. Jackson has watched some of the DVD of the Passion Play we do at church. My friend, Scott Benjamin, was a soldier this year. The other night after church Jackson saw Scott and said, "I know you. I saw you on TV. You killed Jesus. You were a soldier. You put him in a cave." How do you respond to something like that? At least he was paying attention... I guess. I'll write more later. I couldn't let this blog-neglect go on any longer.

1 comment:

Polly said...

This is too sweet for words. Love your blogs.