Saturday, October 18, 2008

Challenge for Today

It's not very often that I write some deep thought on this blog. It's mostly lighthearted, silly events that take place at the Tyner household. However, I was having my quiet time this morning and felt the need to share. I have been concerned about this Presidential election more than any past election. Is it because I'm 4 years older than I was the last election and maybe I care just a little more? Is it because these decisions made in the White House will affect my child's future? Is it because my dad is fighting for our freedom over in Afghanistan? I think the answer is yes. To all of the above. I've been watching the news more (which I usually hate to do) and actually listening to the debates on TV and having an opinion about them! I can't even believe that about myself. I have actually worried a little over this election!!! Have I prayed about this election? A little, I guess. I think I've prayed selfishly, especially when it's about the war. So, this morning, I opened my Bible to October 17, and I realize today is the 18th, but I'm a day behind, and the first thing I read is out of 1 Timothy 2:1-15 and it says,
"I (Paul) urge you (Timothy), first of all, to pray for ALL people. Ask God to help them, intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and ALL who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity."
Have I really taken the time lately to pray for ALL who are in authority? To ask God to help them? Intercede on their behalf? And then thank God for them? Maybe I have for the people in authority that I like. But definitely not ALL. So, the challenge for today, pray 1 Timothy 2:1-15 for ALL in authority so we can live peaceful lives marked by godliness and dignity.

4 comments:

Five Musgraves at Ten Oaks said...

What a great reminder! I fail to pray for ALL in authority too!

Lee said...

such a good reminder, angie.

Anonymous said...

Good word Angie! Thanks!

II Tim. 1:7 is fitting as
well -

Thanks sister - glad you guys are back & that you had a wonderful time w/family & friends at the beach.
We love you all!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking our leaders (both outgoing and incoming)could use our prayers. I'm praying for tolerance, peace and understanding.