Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Bilingual

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to speak another language. I just went to my brother's facebook page, and half his comments written on his wall were in a different language. German, I'm guessing, since he is fluent in German. I know just a few choice words in Spanish. Please. Thank you. You're welcome. Bathroom. And those words taught by Dora the Explorer. Jack knows probably as much Spanish as I know, and he knows a few words in Chinese. Amazingly enough, Jack has this "gift" that Jon has... if you don't know the answer to something, you make up an answer and then say it confidently. :) Jack told me the other day that the Spanish word for flashlight was "suction cup" - with a rolled R stuck in there...because all Spanish words have one of those. I told him that I thought he made it up. He got mad.

3 comments:

Big Mama said...

How does one roll an "R" in "suction cup?"

The B's said...

I wish "Dack" lived clost to us!!! He keeps me laughing!

Jon and Angie Tyner said...

Suction cup...rrrrr :)