Friday, January 23, 2009

On a Mission

Today, Jon, Jack and I ran by Fresh Market to get a few things. While we were there, Jon spotted Petit Fours, so we got a small assortment. Six to be exact. We were anticipating that first little bite of delicious goodness. And. Hmmm. They weren't very good. They're supposed to be little fluffy bite-sized pieces of wedding cake, you know. They weren't. One was filled with maple. Yuck. The others were filled with lemon and orange. Not what we were expecting. Now we're on a mission to find the best petit fours in Knoxville.

8 comments:

Big Mama said...

Sorry, but you're out of luck. The best petit fours in the world are in Milton, FL. Guess you'll have to move home!

Jon and Angie Tyner said...

Next time we come home, we're going there!

Kristy said...

They are at the UT Bakery. Absolutely fabulous. And a lot cheaper than the Fresh Market, I'm sure.

Jon and Angie Tyner said...

Good to know. :) -Angie

Anonymous said...

Came to Milton last weekend. Left town with petit fours, fudge fancies, brownies, and donuts. I have been happy for a week!!

Best petit fours are in Milton!!

Amy

Amy said...

Yep - Kristy is right. UT bakery is awesome . . . however, parking is a nightmare. My #2 pick is Village Bakery on Chapman Hwy. The owner is precious, and she is the one who donated the cookies for TLC. Just ask for Tina! :)

Sarah Hogan said...

Hannah just asked yesterday if I knew where we could find petit fours here. Let the search begin...

Unknown said...

You guys are making me hungry! Now I'll have to find good petit fours in Tulsa (there are several good bakeries here, so I think I'll be successful)!