Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Point for Me and a Point for Me

We signed up Jack for One Goal through a neighbor church. Last week, we went and bought him shin guards, cleats, and soccer socks. Needless to say, we've been practicing. Tonight was absolutely beautiful, so we played soccer outside tonight after dinner. We're kicking the ball back and forth and he said, "Five points for me; zero for you." What? I didn't know we were keeping score. Okay. So I kicked the ball right past him. He misses it and starts running for it. While running, he does a little twist and then kicks the ball. Assuming he was going to say, one point for me (Angie), I decided I'd go ahead and claim it. Before I even opened my mouth, he says, "Two points for me!" And so the conversation begins...

Angie: How in the world did you get two points? You missed it.
Jack: Oh that doesn't matter! Did you see that really cool thing I did? That got me two points.
Angie: Do you know how to earn points in soccer?
Jack: By doing really cool things.
Angie: No, you have to kick the ball past me, the goalie. If I miss it, you get a point.
Jack: Hmmm. Well, you're out of your goldie box. Now I get a point.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

So funny!

Unknown said...

He cracks me up! I'm glad I don't have to play against him. I don't know many cool soccer moves!