Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Big Orange Country

Well, it's official. We are moving to Knoxville - home of the Vols (I better learn to like orange). I have been called by Sevier Heights Baptist Church as their Associate Pastor of Worship (that's a fancy name for Minister of Music). Check out their website at www.sevierheights.org.
This has been a long, complicated journey, but God has shown Himself faithful to us once again. I am so blessed to have this opportunity and to have been able to serve at Bellevue for the past three years. So now I've found myself in the difficult position of trying to adequately express how thankful I am to the people that we've been serving here at Bellevue. My family has been loved on and encouraged by this church more than anyone could ever know. I'm a better Christian, a better husband, a better father, a better minister, a better musician, a better friend, a better leader, a better follower, and a better man because of what I've learned from the people here at Bellevue. Thanks to all of you from the bottom of my heart. I will thank my God upon every remembrance of you. I love you all.
We'll be moving in the next few weeks. My first Sunday at Sevier Heights is August 19. There's a lot to do between now and then. Please keep us in your prayers. We really need to sell our house and would really like to be able to find one there soon as well - those are 2 huge prayer requests.
Once we get settled in there I promise I'll do better with my blog!

6 comments:

Joanna Young said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joanna Young said...

Jon,
Bob and I will certainly miss you and Angie! We have learned so much from you in the years you were here and we have been blessed to know you! We will be praying for you during this transition! Thank you for all of your hard word and dedication to the Music Ministry at Bellevue!

Ramona Rogers said...

Wow, there's no way to tell you how welcomed you made me feel in choir. There's also no way to tell you how much I've appreciated all you've done for us. You taught the music so well, that it gave me the confidence to sing it. But, you didn't just put it in our heads, you helped put it in our hearts.

God has certainly got great things in store for you. Which means that He has great things for us as well. But, there will always be a Jon Tyner spot in our hearts! BTW, can we still have a "Jackson's College Fund" donation jar in PIT next year?

James and Jo said...

I'm proud of you Bubba, even though I prayed and prayed God would lead you here to Jax. It's obvious that it's not where you should be atleast for RIGHT NOW... but I'm not giving up on you coming here one day. I love you and miss you and thanks for moving 4 hours closer to me. You are an amazing person and an Super COol brother... even though you have ugly feet:) I love you
xoxo
Peanut

Joanna Young said...

HA! I just realized I said "hard worD." *blush* You have to know I meant "hard worK." LOL...*sigh*

Miriam Wilmoth said...

Jon, we love you -- and appreciate every drop of Fred Waring sweat you gave for our edification and for the glory of God. I'll also never forget the Jackson stories and the many kindnesses you've showered on the Bellevue choir and its members. You've consistently personified what "servant ministry" is all about, and our lives will never be the same for you having passed through them.

Much love and all the best of God's rich East TN blessings ...
Miriam Wilmoth