Friday, June 8, 2007

What a Week!

Man, this week has been a whirlwind and a half! I'm glad to have a minute to sit down and blog a little. I've got a lot to talk about... where to begin?

I know you're all dying to hear about the reunion, so I'll start there. It was weird. Most everybody looked pretty much the same. I guess all the bald people just stayed at home:) It was good to see some old friends that I haven't talked to in a while. Several of my really close friends from school weren't able to make it for one reason or another but some of them were there. It's funny how people stay pretty much the same. For the most part the people that did stupid stuff in high school are still doing stupid stuff. And the people that made fun of the people doing stupid stuff are still doing that. Some things never change; but then again some things do. Some people have made some really great decisions that surprised me a little bit. Some had made some really bad decisions that surprised me a lot. I guess I left feeling really grateful for how God has blessed me. I'm really thankful for the wife and the life God has entrusted me with! I was reminded that I need to walk worthy of all of this.

Next... today is my dad's birthday. I love my dad. He's getting old, but I love him:) He's a little bit down in his back today (old age strikes again!) so I'll post some pictures to cheer him up.


Happy birthday, Daddy! Hope these help your feelings. Love you.

Next... this week was Vacation Bible School at church. Ken and I led the joint worship time called "The Gathering". There were over 2,000 of the most fired up, excited, screaming kids you've ever seen. It was awesome! We all had a blast. How can you not have a blast with Ken Reich though. He's the man!

I have to admit though, our family is going through beach withdrawals this week. A couple of days ago Jackson was talking about Nanny (my grandmother who passed away last November). He loved her (as we all did). Angie said, "Jackson, Nanny is in heaven with Jesus. Do you want to go to heaven and see Nanny and Jesus?". Jackson thought for a minute and said, "No, I want to go to Florida"... He really loves the beach!


Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

James and Jo said...

What a week... and I missed it all!:( I miss and love you! be looking for a good time for me to come visit! xoxo, Peanute

James and Jo said...

haha.. I put peanute.. oops.... Peanut

dbaxter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dbaxter said...

hey friend! happy happy birthday to jon tyner in 1 hour and 50 mintues! :) wahoo! u're soooo old!! ha. have a good one. also i would like to add that i've been doin really really good on eating healthy and i go in the kitchen today and there's ur birthday cake sitting on the counter already cut in a bowl calling my name. thanks for having a birthday and tempting me w/ cake! but I RESISTED!! yes!! go me :) later yo!

dbaxter said...

well sorry i meant 1 hour and 30 minutes :) yipee!