Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bliss

I rarely take enough time, especially on the blog, to talk about my sweet husband. Usually our posts are about Jack and now the Z boys, our house, theme dinners, adoption, recipes, and other randomness. Since our anniversary is this Wednesday, I wanted to tell some of my FAVORITE things about him.

He's passionate about so many things. His zeal for the Lord is contagious. His love for me is always apparent. His family is his priority. Always. He's a Believer, Husband, Father, and Worship Leader. In that order.

He's constant. His mood rarely changes. He's quick to forgive and then forget. And never to bring it up again.

He's funny. Hilarious in fact. We laugh ALL THE TIME!

He's so personable, respectful, and polite with everyone.

He loves his job. And in my humble, but encouraging opinion, he's awesome at it. He's such a hard worker.

He takes care of himself: physically and spiritually. And good thing he exercises so much, because he loves to eat. Fortunately, I love to cook. :)

He truly lives out Ephesians 5 which says, "Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ's love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. And that is how husbands ought to love their wives."

Thank you for loving me consistently and unselfishly. I still get excited to see you walk in the door. I love watching you wrestle on the floor with boys climbing all over you. I love how you get so excited when you grill something. I love your impulse CD buys at Starbucks. I love how you Christmas shop on December 24 EVERY SINGLE YEAR. I love that your shoes are always in order. I love (and appreciate) that you always drive the crappy car so I can have the nice one and you never complain about it.

And this list, in NO WAY, can ever be complete. I'm better because of you. I love you.

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Very nice compliments!

Nicole C said...

I wish your post had a "like"button, because I really like it :)