Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hurry. Wait. Hurry Wait.


Hurry. Wait. Hurry. Wait.

This pretty much describes the adoption process for the last 16 months. Now we're waiting again, and each waiting time is harder than the previous. I'm trying to finish last-minute projects around the house, while Jon is planning weeks ahead at work just in case we get that phone call and we have to drop everything and go. So many of you have asked us about prices of plane tickets, especially buying them last minute. At this point, we really don't care how much they are. :) But on the other hand, Ethiopia is not really a hot spot for vacationers, so the ticket prices, no matter when you buy them, are pretty consistent, give or take a few hundred dollars. I'm sure many of you would love to be a fly on the wall on that plane ride home. Two kids that don't know us, that don't speak English, on a plane for 20-something hours? I know you're jealous. ;)

I keep reminding God that Jack's and my mother-in-law's spring break is next week. And then I thought again of what my dad told me several months ago, "Aren't you glad you don't have to worry about the timing? It's His timing anyway!"

His timing is perfect.

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9

No comments: