Monday, March 21, 2011

EMBASSY!!!

Great news!!! We're leaving Thursday to get our boys! We received a phone call Friday morning saying the embassy cleared us to travel. This is the news we've been waiting for since we came back from court. Our actual embassy appointment "Gotcha Day" is Monday, March 28 which is exactly 6 weeks from the day we passed court. And it's my niece's birthday which makes it even better. :)

Our house is CRAZY right now if you can imagine. In fact, when I received the phone call, I had just started painting my bathroom. So today, I guess I'll be finishing that up and then onto cleaning, laundry, and packing.

Friday afternoon, we were scrambling to arrange flights before the weekend. Saturday, Jack spent the day and night with his "Knoxville grandparents." :) He had a blast! They had a cookout in the mountains, played, laughed, collected rocks and sticks, and then went back for a sleepover. What a great way to finish up our Knoxville Spring Break Staycation.


While Jack was gone, Jon and I cleaned the garage, read books and magazines, had a date to Bonefish and Starbucks, did some birthday shopping for Jack, and went to a movie. What a great day!

Back to the trip, we'll be traveling over there with a five and returning with seven! Jack is going with us as well as both of our mothers. So Jon has assigned everyone duties on this trip.

Big Mama - Trip Tutor
Nana - Trip Nurse & Photographer
Jack - Director of Entertainment
Jon - Luggage carrier, security, chaplain, applier of sunscreen (since I am terrible at that, click here), carrier of the toilet paper
Angie - CEO

I think we're a little overwhelmed at this point, so making jokes and laughing about how much we have to do in the next few days is all we can do. :)

On a slightly more serious note, we can't even begin to say how thankful we are to be getting these boys, and getting them so quickly. Pray for the others who traveled with us. Some are waiting on a their MOWA letter, some are waiting for paperwork to be cleared, and some are just waiting on their phone call. There's so much uncertainty and emotional highs and lows through this. After we found out we had snags in our paperwork last week, we were clinging to Jesus. He really is the only constant. Ever. Yesterday, our pastor spoke about how God gives us open doors. Adoption is an open door. WIDE OPEN DOOR. Now that we know that, it's our responsibility to apply it. And we pray that the Lord receives ALL the glory for it. We just reap the benefits.

5 comments:

Annie said...

YIPPEE!!! Praying for yall!! and the boys :)

JK said...

My love and prayers to each of you as you travel. Just thinking about all that has taken place to get you to this point humbles me by the Love of God. Your sons will be blessed with the love of their new family.

I love and treasure all seven of you. Emmy and Fluffy

Mark and Angela Porada said...

We are soooooooooo excited for you guys! I can't imagine a better place for these two boys to grow up than with the three of you. We will be praying for you guys. For safe travel and for all of you as transition into this wonderful new phase of life!

Big Mama said...

Everybody will be speaking English by the time we land in Knoxville! I got this!! ESOL training to the rescue. Well, at least necessary words like "potty", "Nana", and "Big Mama." :)

Stacie said...

Dear Tyner Family,

I am SO happy for you! I had the pleasure of meeting you last Tuesday night at FBC Athens (what an AMAZING service!) I was the one that shared with you downstairs about my adopted niece Kenli- from China. Our Sunday School class prayed for your family this Sunday and I am SO excited that I can share with them your wonderful news! I know you are going into a whirlwind of a time- ( what and understatement) but I pray that all goes smoothly and that God's grace surrounds your EVERY need! I follow some AMAZINGLY encouraging adoption blogs that have SO touch my heart- from others that have adopted from the same area as your beautiful boys! I would LOVE to share them with you, so I am enclosing my email. (I was not sure how you would feel about me posting other's blogs on your site, but I REALLY believe they will be a blessing to you as they have blessed me!) Safe and GRACE-FILLED travels! Can't wait to see a picture of your entire family ALL TOGETHER! Please feel free to email with specific prayer needs and I will relay them at FBC!

Stacie Clifton
stacieclifton@yahoo.com