Sunday, August 3, 2008

Wedding Weekend in Highlands

This past weekend, we attended a wedding in Highlands, NC. What a beautiful place. The altitude there is 4100 ft. Now I am 100% a beach girl, but after this weekend in Highlands, I've lowered my percentage to 99%. I'd love to go back and visit there. It's like the "Seaside" of the mountains.



Anyway, our great friend, Amon, from college got married. Jon performed the wedding and Jack was, once again, the ringbearer. We drove up Friday afternoon, attended the rehearsal, and then rode a shuttle further up the mountain to Amon's grandparents' mountain house for the rehearsal dinner. We ate outside on the upper balcony. I LOVE to eat outside and Jon HATES it, but since we had an incredible view, cool weather, delicious food, and no other option, he had a great time. Jack was not feeling so well, and sat in my lap all through dinner, so we had to give up on the incredible family picture we could of had. Instead, Jon and Amon had their picture made. It reminded me of another picture I have of them from a college trip to France.


Not fair.


The next morning, Jack woke up with the sunrise at 6:30, and since the continental breakfast at the hotel didn't start until 8:00, we opted to venture out into town and find a breakfast place and bum around town for the rest of the morning.



Excuse me, but I believe he ordered the giant banana pancake.
All in all, we had a great weekend, Jack and Jon both did a great job, and we made it back home safely.

3 comments:

The Farris Family said...

This pancake picture is great!! Unfortunately, Spencer has never met Jackson (at least not that he is able to remember). Anytime I am looking at your blog and he comes up, he always asks me if Jackson is Cole. I guess they do favor a good bit, don't they?!

Sarah Hogan said...

I'm glad Jack decided to sleep in:)

Unknown said...

Did Jack eat the entire pancake? It looks delicious!