Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Pink is my favorite color


So, many of you know this story already, but Jon and Jack love to go shopping for me. Birthday, Christmas, Mother's Day, whatever. Jack always wants to buy me something pink. Good thing I do love pink. I am definitely spoiled with two sweet boys who love me very much. There's a flower store right next to where they get their hair cut, and more times than not, they surprise me with flowers, pink of course. Jack has a pink princess crown that he likes me to wear so he can come save the princess (me) from the beast (Lucy). Good times. Back to shopping. On Mother's Day, Jack wanted to buy me an ipod and Jon wanted to buy me a watch, so after several hours at the mall looking at watches, they finally decided to get me an ipod, pink of course. So, that evening, Jon had rehearsal up at the church and he told Jack, "Don't tell Mommy what we got her. It needs to be a surprise on Mother's Day." So, that night, Thursday, I think, Jack and I were sitting in the chair together, and he says, "We got your Mother's Day present today. I want you to guess what it is. It starts with an 'H'." So, I say, "Headband, hairbrush, hangers..." Then he stops me and says, "Okay, maybe it doesn't start with an 'H'. What does ipod start with?" Laughing, I said, " I." Then he says, "What does watch start with?" I say, "W." He says, "Then it either starts with an 'I' or a 'W'."
Needless to say, I got my ipod Friday morning.


Then, just this morning, I was talking to him before he began his 3rd day at Camp Big Mama, and he said, "I know what you need for your birthday tomorrow. You need some pink legos!"

1 comment:

The B's said...

I have read all about "Camp Big Mama" and the Mother's Day story...and am laughing outloud. It cracks me up!!! He is too cute!!!

Love you!