Thursday, April 26, 2007

Alarm Clocks

On Thursdays, we have a men's meeting at church at 6:15 a.m. (yes, that's in the morning). I usually don't even get home on Wednesday nights until 9:30 or 10:00. So, Thursday mornings come quickly. Last night I fell asleep in Jack's room and so when I went downstairs to get in bed I was a little disoriented (actually, I don't even remember it). When the alarm clock went off this morning I hit snooze, of course... then it went off again. So I turned over and saw that it said 4:55. I got up, stumbled into the bathroom to start the shower and noticed the clock in there said 1:35. So I went in the kitchen... that clock also said 1:35. In my stuper the night before I had set the clock instead of the alarm... I hate those things. I'm happy to report, however, that I had no trouble going back to sleep and made it on time to the meeting. The Pastor taught a great lesson on praying the Names of God. He's been doing a series of teachings on prayer on Thursdays - very cool stuff.

Jamie and I went to lunch with Fred McWilliams today. Fred is the Minister of Music at Impact Baptist Church in Frayser. That is a church that Bellevue (my church) helps support. I really like him. He's 23 years old and works like 3 jobs and loves every bit of it. He strikes me as being a guy with a truly thankful heart. You da man, Fred.

I should be working so I'll sign off for now. More later....

19 comments:

Ken said...

Hey man! You're my hero!

Michelle said...

You're waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too young to be having "senior" moments JT (about the alarm clock) :) love the blog

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Man, you should come work for student ministry...we NEVER get up that early! (j/k...I'm rockin' the Thursday a.m. with ya bro.)

KariMary said...

Looks great, Jon!

Beth M. said...

Hey Jon! This is so cool!!!! I've never blogged before so I had to sign up for the google account. By the way, what is the 24 for on your profile? Does it have to do with the Braves? Taylor and Pat are in Atlanta now, but the Braves aren't in town. :( Here's a Proverb for you today: So you will walk in the way of good men, and keep to the paths of the righteous.(Prov.2:20) Have a great day!

Beth M. said...

Wow!!! I'm published!

Carolyn F. said...

Hey Bro Jon,
We like your blog ! It is neat or as the teens say "Totally Awsome Dude" I guess it should be "Totally Awsome Bro. Dude" or should I say Bro. Stinky Pete. :D
We are BIG fans of 24 !
Keeping bloggin' Bro. and lifting up the name of Jesus !

Christi and Justin Tyner said...

What the heck...the pensacola tyners have a blog for over a year and none of our family reads it, but Jackson's family (and yes, I said that right) gets a blog and everyone comes out of the woodworks!!! What do we have to do to get some love here??? Oh wait....I already know the answer to that! hah

Love you guys and hope to be inspired soon and very soon by the writings of Stinky Pete =)

Ian said...

You're my hero, too!!

dbaxter said...

haha. first off i would just like to say i created an account just so i could leave u a comment. feel special. next: jon tyner is now a blogger which i find rather hilarious. i think ken should be next! ha. next: u must learn to use "blog" language. :0) next: I'M READY TO GET OUT OF SCHOOL AND COME SEE U PEOPLE. ok i'm done for now.

Joanna Young said...

HA! Yeah....Ken should be next!!! That will be a hoot! C'mon Ken...where ya at man?

Starfire said...

Hey Jon! this is Jacqui! I'm in the choir soprano 1. Anyway, nice blog!
I miss Bellevue! =( This comment has nothing to do with anything in particular. I'll definitely keep up with it. I have a blog too so I know understand that you'd want folks to read it. (otherwise, why put it online?)
Anyway, I'm glad you got to sleep okay! =^-^=
Check out my blog sometime too!
thepottershands.blogspot.com

Remember to read the disclaimer!
God bless!

Starfire said...

Hey Jon! Nice blog! I'll definitely keep up with it. I have a blog too, so I know that you'd probably want someone to read it (otherwise, why put it online at all? o.O)
Anyway, I'm glad you were able to make it to the men's bible study on time.
Check out my blog some time!
thepottershands.blogspot.com

God bless!
Jacqui
(soprano 1 in choir) =^_^=

Starfire said...

(oops... I didn't think the first comment posted. sorry about that!)

James and Jo said...

Hey Bub, If it makes you feel better, I had a dream last night I had a migraine so I walked to the kitchen and while I took my tylenol I realized.. I don't have a headache. It's just a Tyner thing... we are weird... I know I know it's hard to believe but it's the truth! miss ya!

James and Jo said...

by the way.. next stop is Gus and Christi's blog... we can't have any whining! xoxo

Melanie said...

I have to admit that I've gotten up, started to get in the shower and then realized "why is it still completely dark at 6:40 a.m.?". Oh wait, it's only 2:30 (or 4:00, or whatever time it actually happens to be)! I think I've gotten up as a result of dreams that my alarm is going off . . . maybe this enthusiasm to face the morning that you and I seem to have is genetically based!

joselinadam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.